Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fixture Wihout Brightness

Roberto

Hello

I just bought a used Mambo Frog and have spent some days getting to know it. Think I have come quite a long way as I am not a light guy myself.

Now I have a fixture here that I have a problem with. It is a RGB LED Par from unknown make. It has six channels: red, green, blue and some beamshapes (strobe e.g.). I have configured a fixture file and loaded it. My problem is that there is no brightness control. So even with the master fader off the leds remain on. So I thought I will program the R, G and B attributes as Brightness controls, but only one brightness parameter is permitted.

Who knows a workarpound for this ? I imagine I am not the first to encounter this situation but was not able to find a solution on the site or forum yet. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you

R

R

I have a similar LED parcan and the RGB need to remain as Colours. This, as well as the virtual intensity should be what you need. I use my parcans on my old Alcora desk but will have a look at the generic fixtures in the latest global fixture template (gft) file and if I can't see one suitable, I'll try to create a fixture file for you tonight. You can then take a look to see how it's put together for future reference.

Mike

R

Not sure if I remember my DMX channels correct but I have created a fixture file.

DMX 1 - R, DMX 2 - G, DMX 3 - B, DMX 4 - Fixed Colours, DMX 5 - Strobe and DMX 6 - Macro (Sound to Light?)

When loaded, I believe you should see a virtual dimmer in the Beamshapes section.

Let us know if you have any problems.

Regards

Mike

Generic.ift