Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Ledj Performer 36 Rgb Personality

claysam75

Hi there,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. It's my first time on here.

I run the lights at my college for the various events that go on throughout the year. We recently obtained two lovely ledj performer 36 rgb LED lights. Only problem is there isn't a pre-made personality in the library provided by Zero 88, and I've had a go at writing my own but it didn't work.

If anyone has a personality for this light that works with a fat frog desk, or is able to give me a hand with creating one that would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks
Sam

Hi Sam,

If you post up the fixture you have created, we can take a look at it and let you know what's wrong.

This will be more productive than just making one for you, as you'll know how to do it for next time then!

Regards,

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Jon,

Here is a link to the ift file I made. Hope that is okay. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21333230/Performer%2036.ift

Also here is a link to the online manual that contains the DMX chart on the last few pages if that helps you identify the problem.

https://prolight.co.uk/images//media/LEDJ251/LEDJ251-um0.pdf?ProlightConcepts=xdigwvqnyhx

Hi Sam,

The profile looks good, these are the only changes needed:

Channel 1 - change 'special' to 'dimmer'

Channel 5/6/7 (RGB) - change the default to '255'

Because of how RGB colour mixing works, Red, Green and Blue have to be at full to get light output from the unit - I think this might be your problem.

Hope this helps, let me know if it works!

Best regards,

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control