Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Setup For Remote Monitor For Solution Xl

mikeb

Hi there.

I see in the Solution datasheet that "Upto 4 additional monitors available via Ethernet remote". Can you point me to a document that shows how to get the monitor software running as a second/additional monitor on the Solution desk as I only seem to be able to replicate the main monitor with the software.

Also, how do you set the password for the desk in the monitor software?

I see;

22:27:40 - Status changed to Connecting - ()
22:27:40 - Connecting to 192.168.2.76, 8811
22:27:40 - Connect...
22:27:40 - Connecting.
22:27:40 - CRemoteDisplay::OnConnect(0)
22:27:40 - NETWORKREMOTE_CONNECTDISPLAYRESPONSE_CODE_PASSWORDINVALID
22:27:40 - Status changed to Password Invalid - ()

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

You can select the different desktop’s in bottom left corner. Each desktop can have its own content. Most people use desktop 1 with output window/programmer and memories/submaster. Desktop 2 with position, beamshape, colour and groups.

What tablet do you use (Ipad, Android device)?

Do you have the latest ZerOS installed on your console?

ZerOS Remote password lives in your console under Network – Remote.

ZerOS Remote password in you tablet comes up when you start the app.

Hi Franck

I have the latest stable release on the desk and have successfully used the ipad app as a remote.

I was looking to use the PC remote monitor software as a second monitor for the desk.

My first attempt to connect from the software to the desk raised the question about the PC software and the desk password as I can connect Ok when I remove the password from the desk setup but can't connect when a password is set on the desk as I can't see how to set a password on the PC monitor software.

My second question was slightly more general, once I display a second monitor on the either the ipad app or monitor software, I can't seem to show anything on it - colour palette, memory, submasters, etc, so wondered what I am doing wrong.

Regards

Mike

Thank you for the link - I'll print a copy of the manual for some light reading over the weekend.

It's not a major problem as I can remove the desk password and connect with the PC monitor software, but is there somewhere on the PC software that I'm supposed to enter the password if one is set on the desk?

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'll look into this a bit more when I'm back in the office.

There was a bug back when we first released the Windows Remote Monitor where it wouldn't work if there was a password set on the console, however this was fixed.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Jon, I can also confirm this problem when a password is set on the desk. I tried it several times in the last months using the latest Windows Remote Monitor software from the download area and using several versions (stable and beta) of 7.6 on the desk. When a remote password is set on the desk, the Windows Remote will not connect saying "Password Invalid" while never giving an option to enter the password.

Best regards

Hi Jon

Initially I saw an entry for my console when the password was set which disappeared when I enabled the password on the console. I restarted the remote PC software and then saw the console with the indication of a password. When I clicked to connect I was presented with the option to enter the console password and, hey-presto, I was logged on to the console Ok.

Many thanks for you help.

Regards

Mike

• 2 weeks later...