Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Benq G702Ad Touchscreen

mikeb

Hi Jon,

I took a chance and bought a 17" BenQ G702AD Touchscreen. I downloaded the windows drivers to check the screen out last night and it worked Ok on my laptop. I took the screeen to the theatre this morning and plugged it into my Solution XL and found that it doesn't look like the drivers are in the current build.

The link I have for the drivers is;

http://home.eeti.com.tw/DriverDownload.htm

Any idea if the drivers are already listed for a release? Just in case the screen hasn't already been identified, I've requested it in http://zero88.com/forum/topic/6494-new-external-touch-screens/

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info.

We have a new build of software that will be going into beta this week, which will probably get that monitor working... would you be interested in becoming a beta tester for us?

Best regards,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Jon

I believe I am already down as a beta tester and have access to your Beta Test forum.

I will be in the theatre from Sunday 30th June to Saturday 6th July for a show where I'll use the current stable build but am happy to use any spare time to take a look at the beta build.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks, that would be great.

If you have a few minutes after the show, maybe you could install the Beta Software and test the Touch Screen monitor. You can then backdate the software back to 7.6 afterwards if you prefer.

Please let me know how you get on :-)

Thanks

Jon Hole

Hi Mike,

Thanks for trying this.

Unfortunately the link you supplied doesn't appear to be working, and I expect they only had Windows drivers there anyway... which ZerOS doesn't run on.

However, if it's possible to briefly install the Beta Software again, in SETUP> Desk Setup > Peripherals there's a button called "Input Capture".

If you go into this screen, select the touchscreen from the drop down list, and then move your finger around the screen, we will capture all the data that the monitor is sending through the USB port, which will help us determine why your monitor isn't working. Ideally, move your finger right to the edges, and into the corners, so we can capture as much information as possible.

There is a standardised protocol for touch screens (and two additional protocols for multi-touch screens) and we support all three of these in the latest beta, and have proved them working on other monitors. This suggests that BenQ aren't quite following the protocols somewhere. I'm not trying to shift the blame - they aren't the only one, and we've managed to add in patches for other monitors with similar problems, so hopefully we can do the same here!

Many Thanks,

Jon Hole

Jon,

Just reloaded the beta and went into setup, desk setup, peripheral, input capture. Looked at drop down list but no screen shown - can see mouse, keyboard, power button and sleep :(

I've tried the monitor in two of the rear USB ports with no luck.

Any thoughts?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Please can you send me a photo of this list?

If you unplug the USB Keyboard and Mouse (so the touch screen is the only USB device plugged in) do you get anything in the list?

If so, select whatever is in the list, and see if you get a load of text appear on the screen when touching the touch screen

Jon Hole

Hi Mike,

OK, let's try another method of finding out what's going on here.

If you open the system information window (listed under 'Other Windows' in the Output Window) the touch screen should be listed as a USB device. If you can copy the UID/PID from there, it may help track down what driver/kernel version is needed for us to support the Touch Screen.

If you're not sure what you're looking for, feel free to take a photo of that screen (you might need to take a couple of photos, as part of the window scrolls).

Best regards,

Jon Hole