Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Problems starting PhantomZerOS

chw

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation of the ORB XF at the booth in Frankfurt!

After the demo in Frankfurt I wanted to play a little with the Phantom OrbXF, but unfortunately I always get the message "Load Fixture Type failed". Please see the attached jpg for details

This also appears starting other versions. Curios: It worked before! Ok., I always had the problem that I could not close the application, I had to "kill" it by terminating the process via task manager.

I tried a lot to get it run, changed the installation path, run as admin, changed the directory in the settings, reinstalled the application, cleaned the registry (at least what I found) etc.
Nothing works.

The hardware and software I'm using is a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 with Windows7 32bit, everything with the default MS windows drivers and up-to-date regarding patches etc.

Regards

Christian

PS: I updated the "real" LeapFrog48 yesterday to 7.6 and tested it - without any problems. Runs perfectly.

post-937-0-29634700-1366051613_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem that I am unable to run PhantomZerOS 7.6. I've installed it on my Win7 computer and also my Win8 laptop.

Win7 - I open the PhantomZerOS program and see the option window to select a desk, etc. When I click Go, the Go button disappears and the screen flashes as if something tried to open but I am returned to the initial window but when I attempt to close it, what looks to be the desk console window attempts to open but then a windows dialogue box saying the program has stopped responding appears.

I've removed the PhantonZerOS and re-installed it with no change to what is seen.

Win8 - I open the PhantomZerOS program and see the option window to select a desk, etc. When I click Go, the Go button disappears and the screen flashes as if something tried to open but I then see an error message "Unable to execute file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zero 88\ZerOS Remote Monitor\ZerOS Remote Monitor.exe. Create process failed; code 740. This requested opertion requires elevation.".

On the plus side, my Fixture Type Editor and PhantomFrog work without any problems.

Any thoughts?

Mike