Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

weird fault?

charles

Not sure of software version since I'm at home. It's what came with the board in October 2012. I'll check when I go to the theatre in a couple of hours' time.

I have a show in the board and safely loaded onto a memory stick. Can I be sure that this will still be valid if I carry out a software update. I'd hate to waste 2 days of programming.

The showfile will be absolutely compatible unless you are updating from a VERY old version of software, which it doesn't sound like you are (so long as your software is 7.x.x you'll be fine).

Remember that updating the software wipes your showfile, so take a backup of the showfile onto a separate USB memory stick first, so you can load it back onto the desk

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Try going into SETUP > Desk Setup > Event Monitor

Now, push one of the problem faders right to the top of the travel, and you should see a load of text appear on screen at looks like this (with the blanks filled in).

Fader 0x____ (_________________), New Level 0xFF, Old Level 0x__

Check that the last (bottom) line of text has 'New Level' as '0xFF'

Now pull the fader to the bottom, and check that 'New Level' is at '0x00' on the last line of text.

Repeat this for all the faders that are causing problems, and let us know the result.

(to exit this window, you need a mouse or touchscreen to click the cross in the top right corner of the screen. If you don't have either of these, turn off the desk and turn it back on).

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control