Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Jester ML - Keypad

lxkev

• 6 months later...

Hi Joe,

The Jester ML has support for 30 fixtures via the Multi Function Keys, but no additional dimmers, so we couldn't add syntax entry to access dmx channels onto that console.

Best regards,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Jon,

yes I have been using the ML to teach students on controlling LED and moving fixtures and recording cues before going on to train them to use Lightfactory and ethernet dmx interfaces and networking.

I was referring to accessing dimmer channels not fixtures. I'll just keep plugging in the LSC Atom.

Cheers Joe

The Jester ML was designed as a wing or add-on to control intelligent fixtures for users of the 2 preset consoles Jester 12/24 or 24/48. It was not designed as a unit with preset faders or submasters and obviously the basic ML has no faders.

If you prefer preset faders the Jester ML24 or ML48 are the right ones. If you like a keypad and syntax commands the Jester TLXtra is the choice.

Hi Franck,

I was only suggesting the possibility of using command syntax of '1 thru 12 @ 50%' via usb KB with an upgrade in OS.

I appreciate the differences in the Jester ML and TL range and realize you cannot 'retool' on a whim

My initial question was a follow up to Jon Hole's response of 7/10/12.

Thanks Joe