Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Programming positions @ zero intensity

Bizureus

Hello,

Yesterday we were programming a new Production. Actually it is not possible to Record a Position or an Effect in a Memory while the Heads are at Zero Intensity. The Heads Start Moving direct to the new Position and continue Moving after they go to Zero Intensity (Move on Dark).

The Problem in this Case: The Heads move a Long Time and make noise without necessary. Normally I would program a Don’t Move Effect right before the Memory there they should do the Move Effect. But this doesn`t get Saved or executed, while the Heads at Zero Intensity.

Is this so desired?

Software: 7.4

Hi Bizureus,

Positions don't get remembered at 0 intensity if you are in nontracking mode - this is so move on dark can still work.

If you want to be more specific with these things, either record the fixture just low enough so there's no light output from the fixture, but it's not at 0%, or switch into tracking mode

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Smart Tag has the same affect - positions don't get remembered if intensity is at 0%, so that move on dark can still work. Try turning off Smart Tag while you record that one cue - hopefully it will solve your problem.

Jon Hole

• 1 month later...

Might I suggest a full record? If you program a snapshot using (shift + record) the desk will program movers exactly as they are positioned, coloured, etc.

Very useful for programming a particular movement over a fade for instance.

But please note, SMART TAGS DOES GET TURNED OFF EVERY TIME YOU DO A FULL RECORD. This is a bug that I am told will be fixed (again....) in ZerOs 8.0. Which may be released in the not to distant future...cough cough!

• 1 year later...

I have a similar problem. Programming a show, I'm not able to store in any memory attributes of fixtures that have intensity @ value 0. This happens either in tracking or no tracking mode. Software version is 7.8

off topic:it will be very useful a training in Italy (sigh. :( .)

This error happens in no tracking mode too (where smart tag is disabled by default).

Actually, "Smart Tag" functionality is enabled by default in Non-Tracking mode, and we remove the option to disable it.

i'm using "move on dark function", could be this the problem?

It shouldn't make any difference, no. Please could you send me your showfile, and instructions on what you are doing that isn't working (including fixture numbers, memory numbers etc) so we can recreate it here.

Thanks

Jon

Jon Hole

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, "Smart Tag" functionality is enabled by default in Non-Tracking mode, and we remove the option to disable it.

It shouldn't make any difference, no. Please could you send me your showfile, and instructions on what you are doing that isn't working (including fixture numbers, memory numbers etc) so we can recreate it here.

Thanks

Jon

Just seeing your reply post.

Problem solved by using different fixtures in close cues.

As soon as possible i'll mail you the whole showfile.

I was using 8 SGM Idea Beam 300 (fixture file own made) and 6 Martin Mac 401, and few conventional.

The cue stack has 130 cues, more or less.