Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Desk loses programming after powering off

Danno

Hi,

The Orb XF I'm currently using seems to forget my programming after being powered off and on. I programmed a number of subs on Friday for a show and at the end of the day powered off, came in this morning an powered on to find that all my programming was not saved. I'm running 7.3 and it's quite concerning! It has happened before on the previous software version I was running. Let's just say this desk is not going off today!

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Danno,

Have you saved your show to USB? By doing that, at least you know you won't loose anything!

Try going in and out of SETUP, as this forces the console to save onto the flash memory, and then reboot and see if it you loose your show.

On boot, do you see any NVR errors listed?

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Jon, I had not saved it to USB disk on Friday so but of an operator error on that part, I had been in and out of setup all of that day but it did not save any of my programming but did save the fixture patch from the evening before.

I didnt see any errors on booting up the desk and I think quite understandably a bit reluctant to power cycle the desk!

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

There's a possibility that the flash memory card isn't seated correctly in the console, if it's had a bit of a bump or something similar.

If you are happy to, it might be worth opening up the console and checking the flash card is pushed into it's reader correctly.

Jon Hole

Hi Jon,

I'm quite confident that the desk has not been knocked since coming onto site as it is in a flight case when not in use but cannot say the same before it got here.

I'm happy to do that but could you please give me some instructions on how to do it? Although I won't be doing it until tomorrow when this production is over.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

There is an access diagram available here:

http://zero88.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/491/30/orb-xf-access-diagram

Once you open the console, the flash card is quite obvious - it's on the main PCB which is screwed onto the bottom metal work.

If you have any problems, give us a call on 01633 833101 and someone will be happy to help you out.

Jon Hole

• 2 months later...