Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Pan/Tilt adjustment with encoder wheels

vossy01

Hello ereybody

i havé a problem with my encoder wheels about the adjustment on my leap frog 48 is not so accurate or precise.

example the moving spot move from left to right with the wheel and moves into the center of the spot back to the left again but the dmx value is not spring back. :wacko:

is my encoder wheel now defect ? these errors, I often live in the operation by pan and by tilt.

the settings of the encoder wheels are 40% sensitive. the Moving Head Spot is a JB Lighting P3

the same by settings sensitive 50 - 60 - 70%

for suggestions and support I am very grateful :rolleyes:

sorry for my bad english.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Are you aware that the console is looking at the speed you move the wheels, not the amount you move them? This means that you could move the wheel exactly the same amount, but at different speeds, and get two different values.

Let me know if this helps,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi thanks for the quick answer.

how can I set the console? if I want to have the speed of the encoder wheels or the values.

asked or the other way around with settings which can best follow one person on a stage on this encoder wheels?

Thank you for your help in advance

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Go to SETUP - DESK SETUP - PERIPHERAL - WHEEL SENSITIVITY

Move with the curser to WHEEL SENSITIVITY and presss ENTER on the console. Change the value to 40 or less with the MFK buttons.

Not sure if the fixture profile for your JB Lighting P3 is correct. If the 16bit channels (MSB/LSB) for PAN or TILT are swapped the outcome is very strange.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem with one of my Microh PZM moving heads

It turns out the PZM sets its DMX zero value to whatever the console is sending at the time the fixture is reset.

So if the console is homed when the fixture is reset the pan and tilt will lock on to 50% as its zero

I have to program an all zero (off) memory so I can reset the fixture then it will work properly

Or if I boot the fixture first then the console it will work

The PZM has a first generation bios chip