Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Problems with MSB/LSB

Ben_Weasel

Hi,

I am trying to make a new fixture for my desks and i have come up against something i have never come up against before.

I have made 15-20 profiles before so i get the basics and tweaking details but i have now come up against a problem with MSB/LSB issues, i am trying to make a profile for the Robe Robin 300 LEDWash which is fine.

The problem I'm having is I have put in Pan first then gone on to try and input fine pan with the Fine being 16 bit, i input this and it then comes up asking me for the MSB LSB channel values, i don't really understand what to do for this!

i know the Main channel values but how do i get the MSB value?

Thanks

Ben

(Trafalgar Lighting)

Hi Ben,

I've attached the fixture profile for the Robin 300 LED Wash for you.

I think the problem you are facing is that you are trying to add two separate parameters for 'Pan' and 'Pan Fine'.

Instead, add just one Parameter, change 'Size' to 'Word (16bit)', and put the two channel numbers in the MSB and LSB fields.

I hope this helps,

Robin 300 Wash LED.ift

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I'm experiencing a similar problem with MSB/LSB.

I'm trying to make a fixture, using the wizard, to a Starville MH-360.(1st one ever btw) For the Pan and Tilt parameters I have coarse movement on channel 1 and fine on ch 2 (Pan) and coarse Tilt on ch3 and fine on ch 4.

No problem!

I simply put size to Word, special to Tilt/Pan, default Value zero. Pressing Next takes me to channelassignment. MSB is the "coarse channel" (1 or 3) and LSB is the "fine tuning" channel (2 or 4)

Still no problem.

But pressing next for continuing to build my fixture I can't edit the parameter name. It's grey and impossible to edit which makes it impossible to continue editing. If I press next it only takes me round to the previous channel I edited and there I'm stuck!

STRAEANGE (with a french Clouseau-accent...) :blink:

PLS help me out here!

Thanks!

Anders På Lyset

Jester ML-48

That is the correct operation for this. For certain parameters once you select the name from the sepacial field it will automatically add this in as the parameters name and does not allow you to change this.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.