Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Memory problem on Jester24ml...for NYE show !

johng

I'm modifying an existing show file to take account of some fixture changes to my rig. The memory on the desk was nearly full with the old showfile.

I've deleted a bunch of subs from the old show file, then am adding the modified subs back in. The modified subs are not much different (the fixture count is roughly the same but there may be an extra step count in some chases), however I'm only half way through and the desk is now full.

Does the jester have any known problems with e.g. memory becoming fragmented or are there any other steps I can take to work out what's going on.

I'm actually building the show for this NYE (!) so if anyone is out there I'd appreciate any input. Can send show files if that would help.

Thanks,

John.

Been doing some more digging and will post it here lest anyone else comes by this thread. Really looks like there is an issue free-ing up and re-using memory on this desk, which is not great if you want to add/remove fixtures for different gigs and re-use the same showfile by editing it.

I hope someone from Zero88 comes by and can shed some proper insight on to this.

1. I have roughly 20 fixtures (mix of movers/LED's), 10-15 position/colour/gobo palettes each and previously had 11 pages of subs each with about 20 subs set.

2. If I delete e.g. 6 complete pages of the subs I only free up a fraction of the memory - in my case only enough to make a few minor edits to the remaining subs before the desk says memory full.

3. Seems very similar issue to a thread in January 2011 "Jester ML Memory upgrade

Started by Härterei, Jan 25 2011 09:00 AM" where Harterei found deleting chases didn't free up all the memory. On that thread Jon Hole reckoned he'd have to go and look more deeply at that issue, but i can't find any further responses. (Also in that thread there was discussion on ensuring you don't record all dmx in - I don't believe I'm doing that).

John.