Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Using relays on Leapfrog 48

oysterbandit

Hi

I am doing a show tomorrow where I need to use DMX relay packs to kill the fan noise from my moving heads during the quiet bits.

I have found 2 ways to do this:

1) to program the relays onto MFK's using the relay profile from the standard fixtures list

2) using the dimmer sliders to control the relays directly

My problem is that I want to be able to enable/disable the lights and know that their state will stay fixed until I choose otherwise. I don't want the [clear] or [home] buttons to affect the relay setting. How do I fence off selected sliders, or alternatively, how do I create a relay fixture that is immune from the clear/home functions?

Many thanks

Hi Oysterbandit,

I would suggest using Submasters as these don't get affected by the clear button.

You can also change what the fixture / relay does when you press HOME in SETUP > PATCH > EDIT FIXTURES > DEFAULT / HOME.

Use the flash buttons / MFKs to 'select' the fixtures, so they appear in the list. You can then edit these values by double clicking in a cell, or selecting it and pressing ENTER.

I hope this helps?

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control