A suggestion

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 karleaton

karleaton
  • Regulars
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

OK, this is a probably a bit of a wild idea but I think it would be useful to have a Simple Mode setting. Let me explain.

The Orb desks are really powerful desks with loads of really advanced features, which is great when you need those features. But, sometimes you don't: you just want to do basic stuff. At these times all that clever stuff can get in the way.

Also, for anyone coming to the Orb from less powerful desks all of these bells and whistles can be intimidating.

Hence I thought that having a Simple Mode would be good. Basically you could select Tracking, Non Tracking or Simple. When in Simple Mode:
  • tracking would be turned off.
  • recording (cues, subs, etc.) will record all of the current output. (what you see is what gets recorded - no need to worry about tagging).
  • there could be an easy way to create chases without having to setup extra playbacks and macros and stuff. Perhaps a bit like on the Jesters.
  • advanced options would not be displayed.

The idea being that if you just want to program a couple of dozen simple cues you don't have to worry about tracking, tagging, snapshots, etc. You just set the output how you want it (using channels or subs) and do a "record cue n enter" then move on to the next.

This would be a great help to people coming to the Orb for the first time. They could be productive from day one rather than needing to attend a course first or spend days working out how to get things to do what they want. They can then explore the good stuff later at their leisure.

As I say a bit of a random idea but I thought I'd suggest it anyway. What do you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users