Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Editing in BLIND mode

Lxsparks

Hi,

Last night before a show I wanted to edit some Memories - easy I thought using the Blind function, turned out not so well!

I had up on the desk: Memory 1 (Preset) and Sub 1 (Houselights).

Switched on BLIND

Loaded a Memory Cue (which displayed on screen correctly as programmed) and using the command line I edited the Cues (again the window was showing exactly what I wanted) and then pressed UPDATE.

Repeated this for several Cues.

Exited BLIND mode and returned back to the show.

When it come to playing back the edited cues, instead of getting the original or edited Cue states the desk had recorded what the desk had been been outputting at the time (Cue 1 and Sub1) - so stage goes virtually dark and all the houselights come on...

Re-reading the notes on the BLIND function it is meant to do exactly what I was expecting, to be able to program/update cues completely separately from what is being output live. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Matthew.

Hi Matthew,

Is 'Smart Tag' enabled? If so, ensure this is turned off as Smart Tag records the output of the console. You can switch this on / off inside the 'Special' menus.

Hopefully this will solve your problem!

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jon,

Surely whether Smart Tag is on or not it shouldn't copy what is being output on the Live side of the desk, the whole point of Blind Mode (or so I thought) was that the opertions carried out editing/previewing Memories/Subs/etc is ring-fenced from the current output and vice-versa.

You should be able to trust that what you're seeing on the screen when editing a cue is what is going to play back and not have the entire contents replaced after updating the cue - WYSIWYSG (what you see is what you should get!).

I don't have Smart Tag showing on the Special menu anyway which I assume is because I've set the desk up in basic mode.

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Sorry , I didn't realise you were in Basic.

This is a bug that we are looking into at the moment, that affects users in 'Basic' and 'Tracking - Basic' (tracking mode works as expected).

Keep an eye on release notes and our twitter feed for the latest ZerOS release.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control