Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Leapfrog 48 freezes

RonnieUK

On updating to Desk Software Version : 6.1.0 18/2/2011, our venues Leapfrog 48 freezes with a black screen and a central X when I open the PGM WIN window then open any other window. This also happens if I click the close button on the window with the mouse.

Ron Johnson

Hi Ron,

Can you go into SETUP > Files > Desk Information and confirm that the 'Software Version' is 6.1.0? This was a bug that a few users found in Version 6, and that was fixed for 6.1, so I am wondering if the new software hasn't installed properly for you.

Many Thanks

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

I downloaded and installed the latest version of the OS. The desk still crashes when flipping between PGM Win and others but now it doesn't crash everytime but often enough to make it not worth risking the software. Luckily I have an older version of the software on USB stick which I have reverted back to for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jon,

Our Leap Frog 48 also show this failure after updating OS to 6.1.0 18/2/2011.

The Console Freeze when i push the "pgm win" button, and show a central X in the middle of our VGA Display.

I have a debug file on my USB-Stick, so i can send it to you.

Thanks, Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

A couple customers have found this problem. We are working on a new release of ZerOS, which when it's released should solve this problem.

If I can be of any other help, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 5 months later...