Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Android Remote now available

Kirkup_xp

Cooper Controls lead the way with an industry first Remote Android App

ZerOSAndroid.jpg

Cooper Controls are pleased to announce the launch of an Android version of their popular ZerOS Remote application.

Continuing their commitment to mobile device integration, this new app adds to their existing suite of iPhone, iPod, iPad and Windows Mobile applications.

The ZerOS Remote Android app, the first for the entertainment technology industry, allows remote control of any ZerOS console. The app allows users to control their lighting rig from their Android for the first time. From channel levels to playback the ZerOS Remote offers full control of the Leap Frog 48, Leap Frog 96, Frog 2, ORB and ORB XF consoles.

Talking about this latest release Peter Kirkup, Cooper Controls Product Manager explains, “Feedback on the iPhone app we launched last year has been tremendous and we wanted to bring this exciting development to even more of our users. Recent investments from Cooper Industries in expanding our engineering resources made this project possible, and we look forward to announcing further developments in our ZerOS suite in the coming months.”

The ZerOS Remote Android App is available free of charge and can be downloaded from the Android Marketplace today - www.bit.ly/zerosandroid

Peter Kirkup

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi there.

Do you plan to make any future updates anytime soon?

Also, is there any possibility to get network remote documentation for ZerOS..?
I've been writing remote control software for OSC protocol and specifically Behringer's audio digital desk X32 for a while now, and have done some good things. I'd love to give it a shot and create ZerOS remote softwares, as I'd really love to use my PC as remote control as well; The PhantomZerOS is useless due to it's resolution limitations and small interface on big screens... ://

It would be awesome to get documentation for full desk control over ethernet.

Regards, Marc

In case they would put out documentation about the remote functionality, and, in case there isn't just yet, implement completely whole surface control via ethernet, I could do Android app too. Although I'm interested in doing wireless standalone remote controller based on Atmel microprocessor...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, definitely. We're completely reworking it to bring a much more useful and improved app.

Hello Jon,

how soon do you expect to release the reworked app?

I am interested because I plan to purchase a Solution and this would matter to me as a product feature as it

is advertised with that Android App.

Greetings,

Clemens

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After almost 2 months, I'll just repost the last question:

Do you have a date for this release? (at least beta)?

Also, why did you remove the current/old version off the market anyway? It's really unlogical that you remove the old app because you're working on new version. I thought this is why the "Update" button on the market was implemented in the first place...?

Anyway. Do you plan to release any technical/protocol info for us - users - to program our own app as well...?
It would be really great if you could give us at least that documentation, since, unfortunatelly, your development really takes quite some time ://

I'd really be interested in taking a shot on this one. After all, it's just networking. And nowadays pretty much every manufacturer provides documentation for custom software builds....

Hi Cucolino,

I've just sent you an message (to the email address in your forum profile) with the old version of the Android App.

A Beta version will be released in our Beta forum as soon as it's available. Our current predicted release date is April for the apps.

Best regards

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 1 month later...

Hey

got the newest apk from the Google Play Store.

Its very slow and for me its not possible to get faders mooved properly.

For me it would be enough to be able to control each Preset Fader so i dont have to walk so many times while changing the lighning.

The best would be the ability to control the Submasters and the Go button by remote.

Maybe all these things are already solved in the next version/ the beta version.

Jens

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent news Jon thanks!

Could I please be added to the beta forum to take part in new release testing?

Also is there a forum Admin that could change my username please? I ment to sign up as Gingersteve91 and accidently typed Gingerstve91 I didn't realise untill I had signed up. I Can't find anywhere to change it myself.

Thanks

Steve.