Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

ZerOS Remote

Noizeboy92

Basically i can't get it to work, i've tried a lot of stuff and still...nothing.

when i activate the remote for the first time on the desk, it says something along the lines of "DHCP not found" on the bottom left hand side, I'm running Version 6.0.0.

One thing i wondered is if i need to activate the ethernet connection in super user mode, but i cant remember how to get into that mode...and it's not in the manual i have.

Hope you chaps can help.

Hi Noizeboy92,

The desk doesn't have a 'super user mode'?

The DCHP will only work if your wireless router is DCHP compatible. If it's not, you'll need to set that option to know and set the IP addresses manually.

Could this be the problem?

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Ah ok, other Frog desks i've worked with did and i thought this was the same.

Possibly...but i have tried setting the IP addresses manually already, still nothing.(all with the same 192.168.2.X format)

my router does have a dhcp server option, and it is turned on.

Cheers

Noizeboy92

Which version of the Leap Frog do you have? There is the old version, which doesn't have small LCD screens above the submasters or the keys on the right, and says Leap Frog on the bottom left of the console. This desk is part of the old 'FROG' range, which had super user mode etc - however it doesn't support the ZerOS Remote.

Jon Hole

Hi Noiseboy

It's worth checking that your Ethernet cable is a straight cable connected between the desk and the router and that this cable is connected before the desk is booted. Whilst this shouldn't make a difference, when troubleshooting I'd recommend booting with the dhcp server attached.

Let us know how that goes, and if not we can look at whether there might be a fault on your desk.

Peter

Peter Kirkup

Try downloading the ZerOS Remote Monitor software for Windows, and using either a router, or a crossover cable, try connecting your laptop / computer to the console and making that connection. This will be a good way to see if your console's Ethernet port is working correctly.

Jon Hole

• 1 month later...

Hi

Is it an access point or router you are using. If its a access point and your going from the desk directly into the access point you need to make sure its a crossover wire.

Turn off DHCP on router and on desk. (If your using a wirless router make sure you have nothing else patched into it)

On your iphone select your wifi network, press the little arrow icon, select static set ip to 192.167.0.47, subnet 255.255.255.0

on the desk enable the remote, set the ip to 192.168.1.30 subnet 255.255.255.0

Should work...... If not try disabling your wifi password, and see if that works.

I need a new job

On your iphone select your wifi network, press the little arrow icon, select static set ip to 192.167.0.47, subnet 255.255.255.0

on the desk enable the remote, set the ip to 192.168.1.30 subnet 255.255.255.0

I think Kev meant the IPs to be

In Kevs example above, the remote should *not* work... the IP addresses need to be within the same range.

Peter Kirkup