Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Several problems on live playback

Bilderbuch

Hello,

last weekend i had a show with the LeapFrog 48 running the latest firmware.

I patched the faders 25 - 45 as generic dimmers on universe 2 and connected the universe 2 to the dmx input on the frog to use the faders as submaster "extension".

That works great, but after programming the show (several cues and chases on the submasters) and playing back the show some strange problems came up.

First i cleared everthing and raised a submaster (e.g. fader 28) to play back a chase. Then i selected my fixtures and pointed them with the help of the position palette to a before recorded postition. I raised another submaster wich holds an effect for the fixtures. Everthing works great. Then i selected some other effects and chases with the submasters. I used the palette to change color, beamshape and postion. And now after playing back for about 15 minutes i want to change a dimmer chase on a submaster. And now the strange things happens. The chase is played back but not every programmed step is played back. Some dimmer channels were just skiped. I programmed the chases using Shift + Record, so that tracking shoulndt be the issue.

This becomes even worse when i trie to use another chase. So after 25 Minutes only one dimmer channel was up.

I pressd Clear once and had another strange behaviour. Pressing Clear once cleared the hole stage! That was very annoying.

I thought that pressing once the Clear button only clears the Programmer and the selection of fixtures and not the whole output of the desk.

Yes i know that the faders used as submaster extension are cleared when i press Clear two times, so i planed the show to have the main channels on the real submasters.

Can you please try to test this.

Regard

Torsten

• 4 weeks later...