Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Assigning Fixtures in different modes, Fat Frog

steventaylor78

Hi

I have a LED Bar (Lanta). I have successfully made 2 profiles for it using the fixture editor. Really pleased when they worked. However, I'd like to use the fixture in 2 different modes during the show, one mode before intermission, one after, and I have access to the bar to change its' mode.

The reason is that it has some really good chases pre-programmed but not in a single colour which I need for Act 1.

The problem I have is that the Fat Frog reverts to just one mode for the 2 fixture buttons I have put the Bar onto, no matter which one I select. Is this due to a signal being received from the Bar that tells the Frog which mode it is in?

Am I asking the impossible and you can only set up a fixture in one mode?

Thanks

Steve

How about this:

I will assume you have set up fixture 1 for the "before intermission" parameters, and fixture 2 for the "after intermission". You could then set the address for fixture 1 as 100, and set address for fixture 2 as 120. Start the show with your bar set for 100, using fixture 1. When you are at intermission, reset the bar to 120, then run that part of the show as fixture 2.

John Adamson

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried them but still, the Frog will always reverts to just one mode for each fixture. It always seems to be whichever one is put onto the lower of the fixture buttons, as if this overides the next one.

I tried re-naming the Manufacturer in the Fixture Editor but still the same.

When I use Assign Fixture for the 2nd mode, it loads the correct file from disc but as soon as I go to the Assign "button" in renames the fixture to whatever the previous fixture was, as if the desk will only allow one mode for that fixture.

I will e-mail you the files for you to see if I have done something wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

OrionFull.ift

Default Orion Bar.ift

Hi-I had a similar issue when I changed the thumb/finger wheel assignments on a fixture. I loaded the revised .cft file, but the FF still would not make the change. When you change the profile of a fixture, you have to be certain that the board recognizes this change. There are a couple of "caveats" to keep in mind:

First-Since you are going to be using two different profiles for a fixture, keep the manufacturer name the same, BUT you should add each and name them differently in the "Fixture Type" field in the profile editor. Save this and add the new fixtures to the .cft file.

Second-The board needs to have the original profile removed completely. From my experience, the best way to do this is to remove the original fixture profile from the "Assign Fixtures" field; assign a <blank> fixture to that button. Then reboot the board. Now load the revised .cft file from the floppy disc. Reboot the board again. Now go into the "Assign Fixtures" field; assign profile A to button 1 and profile B to button 2.

Also-Make certain that the DMX address of the fixture matches the DMX address you have assigned (for each fixture) in the "Manual Patch" section of "Desk Setup".

I hope this helps.

John Adamson