Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

2 small problems

Pipo

My desk(mambo) crashed this weekend(and other times) while programming: almost every time the desk autosaves the show, it crashes. The desk had saved the entire show but at 100% it stops and keeps displaying 'saving show 100%'.Only a reset helps.

While programming a shape and using the fan and offset-function there is always something not working: If i change position from relative to fan-first there is no way i can change the offset-parameter, but then when i put it into fan-last it works fine.

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

When you are adjusting fixture parameters and the wheel editing mode is one of the fan functions, you also have to bear in mind which of the selected fixtures is the primary fixture.

For example in Fan First mode - if the first fixture in the selection is also the 'Primary' fixture, then it's value will be displayed on the wheel LCD. As the first fixture's values are fixed, moving the wheel should change the values of all the other selected fixtures accordingly.

There is a known problem with the desk locking up if the auto-save occurs when programming blank palettes:

Frog Reference 5510 - After programming blank palettes - "Saving Show, Please Wait... 100% Done." message stuck on LCD, requiring a reboot to fix. Bug.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Maybe i'm saying things wrong:

example: the shape i'm using is a circle, i put the x and y parameter at 50, speed 10, so all the fixtures are moving in the same way, now i put position into the fan-first-mode. No problem so far, but when i want to set the offset to 60% it stays at 0 no mather how much i spin the wheel, then if i put it into fan-last or fan-middle then i can put the offset to 60%!! And sometimes its the other way around.

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design