Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Few Questions On The Jester ML 48 About Moving Lights And Other Questions

Ryan Walmsley

Hi!

I have a few questions that I need answering about my schools lighting desk.

1) We have 1 - 2 moving lights ( the desk works with them on mvh250 or mv250h ) and they work perfect on manual control , how do we record steps for it to play back on a chase?

2) what are the midi ports for on the desk ? a sound to light function or to input from the computer

thats it for the moment but we might have more next week

thankyou ryan walmsley

( please reply before monday the 20th as thats when we next use it )

Hi Ryan,

Sorry I have been unable to answer sooner than this.

To record steps, make sure you are in program mode (if you are in Preset press and hold the mode button, if you are in Run just press it once). Then select where you would like to record, using the up and down buttons to select a memory, or a flash button to select a submaster.

Press record.

To make a chase, record over the top of the Submaster or Memory and the desk will ask you if you would like to overwrite, cancel or Make Chase. Click Make Chase, and every time to record over the top of it, the desk will automatically record it as the next step.

The midi input is for Midi Notes or Midi Show Control. There are a lot of devices that can then control the desk using this, including several software packages.

For a sound to light function there is a separate audio input (with a Jack connector).

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control