Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Problem with recording ArchiLed

TataGoc

Hi there,

I'm working in small theater in Croatia, running on Frog 48, and I'm stuck with programing my Studio Due ArchiLed C. So, when i try setup a light, all parameters are tagged, green colored on monitor or inverse colored on desk, smart tag is ON, everything is under control, lights looks good. Submasters page, record, and - nothing recorded. I even made a new set of cables, running' everything true DMX universe 1, but NOOOO... What I'm doing wrong? What should I do? And yeah, sorry for my english...

Here is what I find out till now. Function called "shutter" is on DMX ch 7, same DMX ch is used by Studio Due ArchiLed for function named "STROBE" - flashes and rainbow flashes from 0,4 to 25 Hz. According to Studio Due manual, DMX ch 5 is not in use, so... Is there any way to fix this, remove shutter function from DMX ch 7 to 5 maybe, or is this a way to let me to edit Yours all ready made fixtures? For the truth, I was try to made one by my self, but there is a lot confusing stuff for me, not working at all :(

Any help will be more than a welcome!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi TataGoc,

There is no way to switch the DMX channels around, this is hard coded onto the Lighting Fixture itself.

However, the manual is showing that the strobe channel will stay 'open' whilst on 0 or 1 (out of 255), so I suggest you move up the strobe channel just slightly so it's showing '1' instead of being completely down, and hopefully this should solve your problem?

Please let me know if this doesn't, and we'll work out another method of attack!

Many Thanks

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 3 months later...