Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Jester ml and 12/24

thegorgon

Hi,

so, thanks to a typo i was provided with a jester 12/24 and a jester ml opposed to a jester ml24. I've been trying very unsuccessfully to find a way of being able to use the jester 12/24s faders as submasters for scenes including intelligents. When i look on the 24s dmx patch the generics (of which there are 24 in my venue) the DMX channels 1-48 are used by channels 1-48, so i presuming that i can set the dmx channels 25-48 as channels 1-24 to allow mapping for the sub scenes?? I was on the phone to a very helpful fella from Zero88 for a while and i think he was saying this would work but is this the way I would go about it?? Also now my ML doesnt seem to want to install fixtures from USB anymore...which is useful. Problem is i was looking at saving the 'show' to usb so i could do a factory reset....but it doesnt want to do that now either. Any advice that doesn't involve obscene amounts of swearing or involve me getting anger management?

Many thanks