Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

new user problems

labby

Hi everyone. what a great forum, it has allready answered a lot of my early questions but there are two things i need help with. firstly i work in a small 200 seat theatre that hosts a lot of music shows. we have just aquired a leapfrog 96 and need help with the following. we have two showtec 250 pro moving heads, and i want to program them to move around the stage with a gobo and colour in place. can this be programed to happen off just one MFK?

we also have 34 starville LED parcans above the stage on 4 bars. at the moment they are grouped into threes as each lamp takes up 5 channels. is it possible to give each lamp its own address so we can operate them individually? i have added all the fixtures into universe 2, but cant do much with them. do i need to assign each fixture to its own channel?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Labby

To create your gobo and colour movement I would program a submaster - first make sure you have created Auto Palettes (SETUP / PATCH / AUTO MENUS / CREATE AUTO PALETTES) and then select the fixtures and set them moving around using an effect. Set the size/speed as required and then add the colour and gobo. Now press Submasters and select the one you want to programme, then press the red RECORD button.

For the LED parcans, you'd be best off patching them onto the MFKs like you do with the Moving Lights - use the same patching method as you did with the fixtures, and then once you've got them patched, you can use the wheels to set the colour and brightness of the fixtures.

I hope this helps - please let us know if we can answer any more questions!

Peter

Peter Kirkup