Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fixture dimming on Submasters

pcollins666

Just purchased a Jester ML48. Have tried it out with my miniMac Profile. As the dimmer function is controlled with the shutter, i.e under the Beamshape menu, is there a way to control the dimmer function manually on a submaster fader, other than programming a timed fade up submaster and a timed fade down submaster or by using the wheel. The wheel isn’t that practical live as the strobe kicks in at 50%.

Cheers,

John

Hi John

You can force this by modifying the fixture personality in the fixture tools:

First, set the 'default' value of the Shutter channel to the top of the dimming range.

Now tick 'Scale by Virtual Dimmer' on the Shutter channel

Create a "Dimmer" channel with a default value of 255 which is a 'Brightness' attribute and is set to Virtual Channel.

Now save the file and load it onto the desk.

When you fade the brightness up and down it will 'scale' the shutter channel accordingly.

Note that when you do this with anything other than 'open shutter' (reset/strobe/etc), the effects might be odd - you may find the strobe increases or decreases in speed as you bring the sub up.

I hope this helps,

Peter

Peter Kirkup