Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Leapfrog 48 USB Music Keyboard

LJ Kolbe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I found a solution using DMX in and an interface MIDI->DMX.

Every MIDI note can be set to every DMX channel in one universe.

There are a lot of functions to form DMX signal. So I use a keyboard with keystroke and can dimm PAR channels :-)

Also submaster with shutter programmms for moving lights, 3 keys for RGB led tubes for flash effects and so on....

Now I'm able to do lights with my frog in a club the way I know from earlier times on an ALS ENIGMA

The name of the interface is MDX-65.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

is there a way to use a MIDI note on signal (for example from a MIDI keyboard) for triggering submasters/memories? i cannot work with midi timecode on this one. but if i could trigger a memory or a submaster with a midi keyboard this would make my workflow so much more efficient.

Hey Jon,

thanks for the advice. I've already done that, but still I can't figure out how to trigger memories via MIDI.

I went to setup > desk setup > and set midi notes to "memories"

when i go to my memory stack and to the trigger setup, i can choose between Auto, Go, Real Time, SMPTE, Midi. But in Midi I can only enter a MIDI timecode and not a note-on or CC value. where have I gone wrong?

the desk is a leap frog 48 with zerOS 7.4.0 installed.

Hi Johnny,

When enabled, the first note relates to memory one, second to memory two etc etc.

With 'Octave' enabled, each octave will do the same thing, meaning you can only access Memories 0 - 11.

With 'Octave' disabled, the second octave will start from memory 12 onwards.

Hope this helps,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Johnny,

When enabled, the first note relates to memory one, second to memory two etc etc.

With 'Octave' enabled, each octave will do the same thing, meaning you can only access Memories 0 - 11.

With 'Octave' disabled, the second octave will start from memory 12 onwards.

Hope this helps,

Hi Jon,

thanks for the explanation.

To be honest, I am somewhat disappointed by the limited functionality in this specific case. I'd rather be able to select which memory (or submaster) is being triggered by which note. Any chance of implementing this in future updates?

Thread-starter mentioned a way of using a MIDI>DMX interface. Do you have made any experience with these?

Thanks for the help!

Johnny

I'd rather be able to select which memory (or submaster) is being triggered by which note. Any chance of implementing this in future updates?

We can definitely look further into this. I've added it as issue ZOS-5187

Thread-starter mentioned a way of using a MIDI>DMX interface. Do you have made any experience with these?

I've not had any experience of these, however other users on the forum might have done.

why this feature is not present in the top desk?

We're looking into this, to ensure features are spread across our consoles in a logical manner! However, I don't have a time frame for you at the moment, sorry.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control