Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Upgrade Kit

AB lighting

I have seen a download for fitting instructions for the Leap frog 48/96 midi Upgrade kit.

I however cannot find any information on what functionality this upgrade will give and what is included if this information is available on the website could you please send a link if not could you tell me what this upgrade kit would give me. If I purchase it does it include the upgrade from 2 to 4 Universes of DMX alternatively if I installed this upgrade is there still room for me to add the universe upgrade kit too.

Thanks for your time

AB Lighting

Hi AB Lighting,

The upgrade kit adds the following connectors to the console:

SMPTE (XLR3) - used for timecode

MIDI In (5 pin DIN) - used for timecode and notes control

MIDI Thru (5 pin DIN) - loop through for above

Remote (8 pin DIN) - used for contact closure triggers (GPI)

Line In (Jack) - not implemented

Line Out (Jack) - not implemented

RS232 - not implemented

Chillinet / iCAN - not implemented

You can add the 4 Universe upgrade as well, but it is not included with this kit.

I hope this helps clear it up.

Peter

Peter Kirkup

• 6 months later...

Thanks Peter

Just for your information I only received an email today saying you had replied to my question. Obviously you replied the day I asked the question but just thought I would let you know there was quite a delay on the response email. I am not sure if it is relevant but I was on your website today and maybe that prompted it don't really see how though.

Anyway as you can probably guess if I was in a rush for the response I would have checked back sooner.

Cheers

Andy