Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Offset....

csylten

When I use the offset function the offset is shown in the display as 0-100%...

BUT, when I use the shift button at the same time to "fan the offset", I cant read the % of the offset.

why??

If I have 4 MH's and put them in 25% offset in fan mode, I have to look at the fixtures to know when they are "about" 25%.

and...

Is there an "auto-offset" function yet? ex. if I use 4 fixtures in an effect, and I want them to be set to the "perfect" offset for number of picked fixtures, 25%. Insted of manualy press shift, turn the wheel to 25% (if I can see when I reach 25% ofc.), I just set the effect, and press "auto offset", and the frog will do (100% / 4 fixtures = 25% offset) . . . ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Csylten,

The reason you don't see the values change is because your fan rule is set to Fan First - in this mode, the 'first' fixture is a fixed point and therefore you don't see the fan from that point onwards.

I generally select fixtures individually when fanning and set their fan values as required, using simple maths - I know this falls down when you have a large number of fixtures, but for 3,4,5,6 fixtures it's pretty easy to do.

We don't yet have an auto-fan function but this is something we've been asked for a few times so i'll add it to our feature request list.

I hope this helps clear things up,

Peter

Peter Kirkup