Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

RGB Fading on UDF's

SR_BL

i have a problem thats been in the last two software updates....i have had to work round this but i need to sort it before my next big event.

whenever i assign RGB LED units to separate UDF's I get no output from the faders at 100%, i would like each colour to be independant of the intensity so when i put up a fader that i have programmed with green,it brings the green up from the UDF .... can i change any settings on the desk to alter that???

this isnt very helpful as i had programmed a few gigs in the past with RGB on seperate faders and now i cant do this... it was really easy and made programming extremely quick and simple

is there a way to "grab" the intensity along with the colour so they will work independently,

has anyone else had any problems in this area???

Hi SR_BL

Have you tried untagging the 'other' colour attributes when setting up each RGB fader... eg:

Set fixture to "Red" at 100% Intensity

Untag Green & Blue (hold CLEAR and move each wheel, or touch on the touchscreen for the attributes)

Record (without smart tag)

<UDF>

Then try

SETUP + <UDF>

"UDF Controls..."

"Colour"

OK

Do this for each attribute and you should get the behaviour you're expecting.

I hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Peter

Peter Kirkup

Hi Peter,

that works but then the dimming curve isn't right.

it also means that it takes a lot longer to program into the desk

i really want to be able to grab just the R G B and put them on individual faders, does this mean i have to go back to previous Software??????