Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fixture brightness losing control!

ice

Yesterday I was running a show with 4 new MAC Krypton heads. I was running a memory with some basic lighting (conventional), a submaster with 2 conventionals chasing, and one in a different submasterpage (conventionals started in 3, then I moved to 9) with the 4 heads.

I did something (I just don't know what!) which triggered a weird thing. The heads intensity was somehow transferred to the submasters which were running the chase. The chase itself disappeared (went out) and lowering the submaster resulted in the heads dimming. The yellow flashing of the subs to indicate the're on another page also stopped.

Is this a bug? (could't replicate, I'm sorry) Or did I make a mistake somewhere? I'm really bothered by the fact that I don't have a single clue what could have happened!

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

What type of chase were you running on the submaster with the 4 heads (colur, position).

Note that when you record any memory/submaster data in partial mode that the HTP channels (generic dimmer channels and fixture brightness parameters) are always recorded, regardless of the tagged state of the fixtures.

If the brightness for the heads was not recorded as part of the chase then where would it be coming from ?

The yellow LEDs in the submaster flash buttons indicate that the data being output on that submaster is from a diffferent page to that indicated by the seven segment display. When the submaster fader is brought down to zero, the LED goes off and the sub then contains whatever data may be programmed for the current page.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace