Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Frog 2 hanging in Add Fixtures

Roger

• 2 months later...

Hello,

i recently updated our frog 2, to 5.3 OS. Whenever i go to add fixtures the desk hangs for about 5-6 mins, at first i restarted the desk because i thought that the desk had crashed but then i never got an option to run a debug. after leaving the desk to "think" it then springs into action,

Is this happening to anybody else?

it is an old hardware desk, i think it is an issue with the photos in the fixture libary, is there any way to not have the pictures on the fixture library.

This is a problem with older Frog2 hardware not liking the pictures in the fixture library. You can work around this by installing an older version of the fixture library which does not have these pictures (fixture library version 20.00 is HERE). Unzip this, put it on a USB Memory Stick, and go to Setup -> Files -> Update Fixture File on the desk to install this library.

This problem has been logged to be fixed in a future software release, reference number ZOS-2927.

Peter Kirkup

Hello everyone, I too have an old hardware that works well and smoothly with R4.4.4. Is true by installing the fixture library 20.0 the desk works well also with the release 5.3, but at me, after the reboot the desktop is completely empty of everything (total reset: no show, no fixture, no desk setup).

Hope that in future the old frog2 may be updated. I find it very good to work with this desk.

Hello

Piero