Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Quick "all in one" palette

Carl Ehrhardt

Is there a need for a quick "all in one" palette on the LeapFrog?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Quick "all in one" palette for easy change of Colour, Beam, Position and maybe Effects

• Yes - especially in live-mixing it's helpful
    • No - I can handle multiple changes of Colour, Beam and Position with no problem

I miss one thing on the LeapFrog in live mixing. There is no way to change by one click all attributes: Colour, Beam, Position and maybe Effects. It would be much easier to do a medium-show with no time for complete programming.

How it could work:

There are the 4 types of palettes on the LeapFrog (Colour, Beam, Position and Effects). The simplest way is to create a "save as..." dialog where you can chose if you just want to save the usual settings or ALL settings on one palette. it could be visible with additional information after the number (C1 (CBP) = Colour 1 has Colour-, Beam- and Positioninformations saved)

another way could be a separate view like the 4 Paletts - call it for fun "all in one" Palette. On this AIO Palette you know that multiple Settings can be stored. So no surprises by miss clicking on a Palette.

This Function was on the first Zero88 Desk with Movinglightsupport already on board: Sirius 250 with the focus - submasters. It was so easy. You just had to choose Colour, Position and Beam and Hold the Focus-Button (1-10 on 99 Pages) for 2 seconds.

If others think that this will be useful too, poll and comment this post :-)

Thanks and Greetings from Switzerland

Carl

The Poll was lost?

Carl Ehrhardt

Technical Director

Kellerbühne St.Gallen

CH-9000 St.Gallen

Switzerland

www.kellerbuehne.ch

Is there a need for a quick "all in one" palette on the LeapFrog?

Quick "all in one" palette for easy change of Colour, Beam, Position and maybe Effects

- Yes - especially in live-mixing it's helpful

- No - I can handle multiple changes of Colour, Beam and Position with no problem

Carl Ehrhardt

Technical Director

Kellerbühne St.Gallen

CH-9000 St.Gallen

Switzerland

www.kellerbuehne.ch

Well on the LeapFrog 48 you only have 10 subs. You can't do a great show with conventional light and movinglight in a fast way. Sure you can program all before. But I need something to get a fast way to do nice Changes.

With the palettes it is a good way. But if I have a scene on (C5, P5, B5). and in the next refrain I want to change position and colour (C8, P7, B5) I cant do it at the same time right now. I have to push two buttons (or 2 times the touchscreen). If I had a palette that records all informations (position, colour and beam) I just have to do one click.

After the bridge I need an other combination (C3, P9, B1). But then the refrain comes so I need again the second combination. Its a really easy way to get a show working with not much time. I just need to record some nice combinations that can be used during the show. Also often the band make changes of the set list. So I would be faster to go on with it.

You know how / what I mean?

Carl Ehrhardt

Technical Director

Kellerbühne St.Gallen

CH-9000 St.Gallen

Switzerland

www.kellerbuehne.ch

• 1 month later...

Hello Carl,

sorry for my late reply.

I do now understand what you mean. I´ve been working with a GrandMA the last times and really like the "all in one" palette there.

But for smaller shows i do allways prefer the LeapFrog48. Unfortunately i´ve got a litte bit the feeling that Zero88 is more focusing on the ORB than the longer existing LeapFrogs. There are some usefull user feature requests which are somehow ignored. That´s a little bit sad i think.

Bilderbuch

Well - I hope, you are wrong... but sometimes I get the same feelings on the "focus" of the product life cycle. I really like the consoles from zero88. Right now there is the same OS under the new Desks (Frog2, LeapForg and ORB – all the same) only the "interface" is another. So it could be possible to activate features on each desk.

But luckily we got the new desk version with lot of new features and bug fixes. So we are very happy right now. And who know... the next update is coming ;-)

Thanks all of the Zero88 team for your work!

Carl Ehrhardt

Technical Director

Kellerbühne St.Gallen

CH-9000 St.Gallen

Switzerland

www.kellerbuehne.ch

Hi Carl and Bilderbuch

I would like to reassure you that our focus is very much on the ZerOS software as a whole, not just on the ORB. As with any new product, we have invested a significant quantity of time into making sure that the ORB meets and exceeds users expectations and as such the last couple of software releases for ZerOS have indeed focussed on adding functionality to the ORB. Please be reassured that wherever possible this functionality is also rolled out into the Leap Frog range - Leap Frogs have gained, as a result of the development of ORB, the ability to show gobo images, fixture images and the ORB colour scheme which offers much improved styling over the 'default' graphical display. Additionally we have rolled out a number of functionality and reliability improvements to the Leap Frog over the past few releases - many under the hood (such as completely revamping the way that fade times are stored). All of this development is intended to make the use of the console as pleasing for you as possible.

With regards this particular software function you are requesting, the reason it hasn't been implemented into the Leap Frogs is two fold - partially the work involved is far from trivial (as currently the user interface for recording palettes doesn't allow for any 'options' to be set at the time of record, so a whole new interface would have to be thought up) - and partially because the Leap Frog range is our entry level ZerOS console, there are always going to be functions which we have to leave out, in order to give people a reason to invest in the higher level consoles. Please rest assured that we have discussed this issue and will continue to do so, but also bear in mind that as a business we cannot invest infinite time in rolling down features from our top end consoles into those which sell for half of the money.

Now for the good news - We have another new software release launching for all ZerOS consoles in the next few weeks which will add significant new functionality to all consoles. Please watch this space - I think you'll be impressed!

As always, i'm happy to hear your feedback and welcome anything you would like to bring to us in terms of new ideas.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Peter Kirkup

Now for the good news - We have another new software release launching for all ZerOS consoles in the next few weeks which will add significant new functionality to all consoles. Please watch this space - I think you'll be impressed!

As always, i'm happy to hear your feedback and welcome anything you would like to bring to us in terms of new ideas.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Hello Peter,

thank you for the detailed reply. I really appreciate that. And i´m not so sad as it souns on my post above. You Guys have allways corrected every error i found. You do a great Job.

I´m very interesstet in what is comming soon :D

Thanks

Bilderbuch