Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Sirius 48 way battery

Hello,

I've got a 48 way Sirius which has served me well for many years. It has got analogue and DMX outputs. When I last switched it on the memory was corrupted and various LEDs were illuminated. I whipped the back off to discover that the 3.6v memory protection battery on the Main PCB was drained and refusing to recharge. I have replaced it (twice, just in case) with a new Varta 3.6v 110ma Mempac battery which charges fine but drains within 3 days. Any ideas which component might be causing this problem?

Couple of things that may be causing the battery to drain so quick.

The first one is how badly corroded was the battery, had it started to leak on to the PCB?

You may have failed components or even a damaged tracks in the battery circuit.

It could be the RAM IC gone faulty, and is not going into standby when the desk is powered off so is drawing more current that it should.

There is also a HC7400 that the battery is connected to that may have failed and is drawing current.

Please e-mail me on the address below to continue the conversation.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

Zero 88 Support: support@zero88.com