Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Lightmaster XL Analogue Output section ??

Good morning.

I've had a Lightmaster XL for something like 10 years now, it's a wonderful thing that's worked for me long before I knew what DMX was and the idea of a LED-PARcan would've gotten you some good laughs from lighting people - and it still does today with 4 conventional and 2 arrays of DMX-driven cans. Had Botexes and Behringers and all in different locations and it's just a big fat disappointment how fragile they are. Bump your knee against the table and your lights will flicker.

I had to say this to make the zero88 staff like me :rolleyes:

My problem now is probably the same as in topic

http://support.zero88.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4739

DMX works, but green lights are off or on, sometimes in between or flickering, independent of the dmx and faders. Yellow LEDs are fine, so is programming.

Being not a complete jerk in electronics and soldering (I've built dimmer packs, 19" power distributions, power supplies, and can repair dishwashers, washing machines and my oven) I can understand that this is probably a problem of the analogue output section, since the above thread said that the green LEDs take their signal from those. The analog outputs give me around 14 to 15 volts (no load), regardless of Channel, bank or master faders with the green lights pretty much on (Measured a minute ago on channels 1 and 6).

Question is, could anybody provide me with an idea on which transistors or ICs to exchange or should I send it somewhere, or bring it to somebody like Sound Service or so (I live in the Aachen/Cologne region in Germany).

Edit: I just read Keith' pinned remarks on the policy on repair tips - ok, I can send it to Ibbenbüren or Burgebrach, but not knowing how good the staff is there, I'd still like to know if anyone can give a hint on which part is typically faulty so I can make it easier for them.

And by the way - Noticed some corrosion on the mempak battery. Anybody know where to buy one ?

512 thanks for your answer.

Joe

Yes that sounds like a problem with the output stage.

Possibly have a fault with a multiplexer.

If you want to e-mail mail me on the address below I wil go through this further with you.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

Zero 88 Support: support@zero88.com

• 2 years later...

Hello!

I have successfully used mixer LighMaster XL for 11 years in an Institute for Social Events (Polish: Dom Kultury).

A few weeks ago the analogue component (section) of the mixer broke down (no output voltage of 0-10V).

I have checked the reference voltage on chip ZN439 and it is fine (2.66V).

The battery is working properly as well.

Could you please help me locate (find) the fault/ faulty part of the mixer?

Looking forward to heraing from you!

Best regards