Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Version 2.4 - problem loading Pan/Tilt

Pyro Bob

I have just upgraded my JesterML withJML_24 and downloaded and installed FixtureTools2_1_0_0.

I now have a problem with the JesterML recognising the Pan/Tilt Functions on a fixture that I have created.

The fixtures were originally created with the previous version of editor and they worked on previous software.

I have tried everything I could think of. I have even tried to modify an XSpot as described in previous posts.

The JesterML will not recognise the Pan Tilt functions.

I tried extracting the x-spot personality into a separate file using fixture tools 2.1.0.0, and then loading this onto JesterML version 2.4. Pan/Tilt loaded OK. Please can you post a copy of the fixture personality file that you have created so that we can take a look at this?

Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting the file, it showed straight away what the problem was. We have logged this to be fixed in the next version. For now, if you remove the "3 Wheel Groups" information from your personalities (see attached picture), they will load OK onto the JesterML. Pan/Tilt automatically end up on those wheels anyhow so there is no need to have this information in the file.

JES-2843 - When Wheel Group information is missing for some attributes, the auto-creation of it in the desk can corrupt Wheel Group information already loaded for other attributes

Hope this helps,

Paul.

post-18-1245314397_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...