Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fan mode

ryan

Hi,

i am new to lighting and we have got a Jester ML, i want to know and learn how to make Fan mode or mexican wave mode in detail.

Appreciate also if i could know more about the features of Jester ML.

Regards,

Ryan

Hi Ryan

Welcome.

What moving lights do you have? Are you at all familiar with terms like HTP or LTP?

Do you have movers plugged into the console, set up and patched?

Please read page 33 of the manual: http://common.zero88.com/public/files/7340..._Manual_2_2.pdf it gives a detailed overview of the way fan works and explains all the various modes that will impact on this. If you still have questoins please ask.

Likewise for effects please read page 35 of the manual: http://common.zero88.com/public/files/7340..._Manual_2_2.pdf This gives a good overview of how the effects engine works. To do a mexican wave select an ellipse effect, only use the X or the Y value depending on how the lights are rigged, set the other value to 0%, set a size and a spead then fan the offset and they wll do a wave effect.

To learn moving lights the best thing you can do is sit with the desk and play.

If you are new to moving lights then please read the whole section on fixture control in the manual. It will answer many of your questions and get you thinking. Then feel free to ask for more help if you need it.

Have fun

Graham

Graham

Thank you Graham,

we have proel 575 moving heads.

Yes i have patched the lights and all is working fine but only wanted to know in detail of the fan modes.

I will read the manual first and if i am finding any difficulties will write to you.

Regards,

Ryan. :)