Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Gobo names/Color Names

Zarathustra

Hello everyone!

We recently bought a JesterML for our Club in Switzerland (Aarau, Club Flösserplatz).

There, we had several older Fixtures (Scanners) for which I created profiles in the "Fixture Tools"-Software.

I was upload the file to the JesterML (with my USB stick), and patching it/using it worked just fine.

Thus, I could do all basic things that I had hoped for.

So far so good. :)

However, in the PC software, apart from basic channel assignment, I was also able to assign names for the different gobos and colors.

Let's say, for example, my scanner has a star-shaped gobo at DMX value 150-159.

In the PC software, it was possible to give said gobo a name, for example "STAR".

Also, in the resulting file that I uploaded, this Information seems neatly stored.

(Yes, i peeked inside using notepad)

The JesterML, however, does not display any of this "name" - information on its Display (the one next to the Wheels).

Instead, I only see DMX values from 0 to 255, right next to ABS or REL.

(Dont ask me how it gets to 255. 254 should be the maximum value any binary 8 - bit variable can hold. But maybe thats just me... By the way, "Freestyler DMX" does the same... why? But, I digress... :rolleyes: ).

What I'd like to see on the small display is the actual name of a Gobo instead of a DMX value. Is that possible?

Did I accidentially overlook something in the manual?

Did i not use Google/Forum search intensely enough (i.e. its already been posted)?

Or is my idea plain wierd? ^_^

Looking forward to any answers.

Greetings from Switzerland,

Andy

p.s. I attached the fixture file for our scanner - feel free to take a look inside.

genius.ift