Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

delete fixture unused

pierotec

Hello, I would like to know whether you can removed all the unused fixture. By doing this, you can speed up the desk with old hardware? The start of the desk with the new release and very slow, depends on the new graphics functions?

Thanks for your reply

piero

Hi Piero

The new graphics functions do use more processing power so you might find the desk a little slower to start up. You can always revert to the original skin to improve the boot time.

To remove fixtures, just go into the Fixture Schedule (add fixtures) window and change the quantity to a lower number.

I hope this helps,

Peter

Peter Kirkup

Hi Peter, I mean the fixture library does not to those used in the show files. Opportunity to make another question, I noticed that it would be useful in some applications of the desk "live", thanks to graphics that helps, have the palette always active, as if they were UdK ready and not easily erased by the Clear button, but which remain blocked until the next command the another palette or else command.

Thanks for your patience.

Piero

Hi Piero

It is not possible to remove or edit the fixture library in the desk. This wouldn't be causing a slow-down anyway as the library is stored in the flash memory not in the RAM.

The permenantly active UDK is something we've been discussing for a while - something like a PARK but for a set of channels instead of a whole fixture.

I will add your thoughts to the list,

Kind Regards

Peter Kirkup