Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

More Issues

mikewoodld

It turns out that the whole submaster chip was bad. I took the console to the dealer in our area, we metered both the button and the fader, and there were no problems - disconnected the whole card and rebooted the board, and it worked.

I can't even narrow down where the problems are, and I don't know what is causing them - here are just a few:

1) 4 mac 250 entours, using the standard profile provided in the console. When rebooting, the fixtures default to strobing when the intensity is brought up - not a fixture issue, because the board is actually saying that they are strobing. The only remedy seems to be to change the type of the fixtures to the EXACT same type and readdress them (to the same addresses) every time the board boots.

2) randomly the fixtures (mac 250s, colorblasts) pop to home and lose all programming - completely at random times. When selecting fixtures, when moving a wheel, completely randomly snapping to home.

3) Using the DMX 2 -> DMX IN trick suggested here has worked so far, but lately it has been messing up like crazy - I think it is causing the #2 problem i listed above. In addition, there is some bad dmx somewhere coming out of the board because all fixtures only go down to 2(ish)% instead of 0, until I unplug the DMX IN

4) When can we park channels?

5) I made a library for Colorblast 12's that I have been using without issues for over a year now, and suddenly the values of color have changed to read Cyan Yellow Magenta - they still control RGB. In the edit fixtures screen, they show up as rgb, but when using the wheels they say cmy... whaaaaaaa?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike

The behaviour you're describing does sound like a submaster being flashed or some other output problem from the hardware communicating with the software. We have Mac 250 Entours in our demo room and have no such problems with fixture profiles altering, so I would suggest that this is a hardware specific fault on your console. I'm always wary of a problem which seemingly "goes away" after a quick poke around inside. You could have an intermittant cable or circuit board fault inside the desk - I'd suggest more thorough investigation at the distributors.

The Leap Frog range do not offer PARK functionality - this functionality is offered on the ORB and Frog 2 consoles.

The RGB swapping to CMY is a setting on the fixture wheels - hold down SETUP and press COLOUR, then select "Colour Edit Mode" - you can opt for CMY or RGB.

I hope this helps clear things up,

Regards,

Peter

Peter Kirkup