Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

5.1 Sub Bug (and a few other things) cross posted

mikewoodld

cross posted from the OS forum.

Great work on revision 5 guys, starting to look really good.

I noticed something that has stopped me dead when trying to program - for some reason, anytime I want to delete a submaster, I can ONLY delete submaster 5. That is, the delete window pops up, and no matter what I type in the box, it erases it and chooses 5 instead. This is even when I have something else selected.

I've also noticed that whatever I have recorded on submaster 5 is messed up - it won't release the sub after it is down, even when the option to do so is selected.

This also carries over into loading submasters and copying memories to submasters. The respective windows that pop up only allow me to choose sub 5. This is killing me because I can't record or edit anything further and I have been trying to prep a showfile before this weekend.

I should note that I noticed this issue in the last revision of 4 as well, only it was only when deleting a sub - I didn't dive into it any further. Now, this is a completely separate showfile from that one, so I know it's not that. It seems like it must be a software problem and not a hardware one.

Secondly, changing options for things - normally, I would be able to click and hit enter, which would bring up the options for whatever thing I was selecting. Now, when I do that, it pops up then disappears. Holding enter down also does the same thing. I am only able to change using the + and - buttons.

A couple things I noticed that would be helpful as well would be the ability to select the color of the image that shows up on the color palette button (a feature which I love, by the way) - The stock colors look fine, but it would be great to be able to assign a custom image or split color to it as well. The gobo images are great!

Is there any easy way to add multiples of the same fixture at the same time when patching? I can't do it for the life of me and using the "copy fixture" feature seems to do just that, just copy.

I attached the showfile to this - it is where I left off when being stuck by the sub bug.

New_Bob.isf

Hi Mike

This sounds like it could be caused by a sticky button on your desk - if the desk thought that you were pressing the flash button of Sub 5 in these popups, this is the exact behaviour you would see.

Please contact Keith Rogers (krogers@zero88.com) for information on getting your desk tested and repaired as required.

Kind Regards

Peter

Peter Kirkup