Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Not retaining memories

joefrog

after a recent upgrade to the latest frog firmware- and adding nine LED RGB lights, it appears my fatfrog does not retain memory after being switched off.

I have checked in superuser and it says that the battery is OK.

am i turning it off right? as there is not power switch i just turn it off at the plug.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe

Sorry for the delay in response - it's probably best to change the battery as a precaution as this is the biggest cause of a problem like this. Even though the software says it is OK, it is possible that the battery is border line and not reporting correctly. The battery can be changed by any Zero 88 dealer or you can send the desk back to us - please contact Keith (krogers@zero88.com) for details.

I hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Peter

Peter Kirkup

Hi Joe

Sorry for the delay in response - it's probably best to change the battery as a precaution as this is the biggest cause of a problem like this. Even though the software says it is OK, it is possible that the battery is border line and not reporting correctly. The battery can be changed by any Zero 88 dealer or you can send the desk back to us - please contact Keith (krogers@zero88.com) for details.

I hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Peter

Im starting to agree. it saves it intermittently.

EDIT: I have spoken to keith, he is now out of the office until tuesday. he has given me a PDF explaining how to do maintenance on the desk. Am i right in thinking that the fatfrog uses a CR2032 watch battery?

If so, i will pop to the shops tomorrow morning before school and fit it later tomorrow. is is pretty easy?

Thanks,

Joe