Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

random flash

Carwyn

hi i was showing film today and had the leapfrog on for house lx and tabwarmers etc. during the film when all channels was on 0% and about half way through the film i had a random flash. i have a dmx line to the dimmers plugged in to dmx 1 out and a dmx line down to stage in dmx 2 out with this line neot connecting to anything and on. the output screen on the desk did not show it outputting anything

can anyone shead some light on it for me please.

carwyn

:blink::unsure:

hi i had some problems with a different cable some time ago i have permus D54 dimmers witch go through a dmx - D54 converter whitch i dont think theres a termination point before the through out.

The other Dmx line goes from the DMX output 2 down to stage and it has has no termination point on it.

hear from you soon

Carwyn

:huh::unsure:

hi again

i've just noticed that the dmx out seems to be losing power briefly as i've used 2 separate cables in the desk and connected it to 2 seperate dimmer packs and coming out of the 2 different dmx out on the desk and that my findings show that the power on the dmx out on the desk is failing and causing it to do funny things i.e. flashing lights. any ideas

PLEASE HELP ME :lol:

Carwyn

p.s. is there a desk based test i can do to support my theory

Hi Carwyn,

There are a couple of things that we can look for.

It would be easier if I e-mail you off line.

If you could send me an e-mail to the address below giving me your desk serial number I will talk you through what we need to be looking at.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.