Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Problem with saving fixture scene to memory

zerofat

Hello,

I am new to this forum and to lighting control in general. We have a fat frog console at our church and have had some problems with saving scenes recently. After making appropriate adjustments to position, brightness, color, etc. and then saving the scene to a memory, the scene appears to work correctly. However when changing scenes, we get strange effects such as some fixtures not moving or moving but not changing position. The problem seems to be related to the setting of snap/fade of the color, brightness and position parameters--these show up on the monitor memory screen as blank. I am unable to manually select snap or fade on the memory monitor screen as I can on other memories where the parameters have been set. This seems to be a new problem as the older scenes work just fine. I think some setting may have been changed somewhere. Hope this explanation is not too vague. I will be happy to try and clarify the details. Thanks for any help.

The Snap/Fade setting for Colour, Beamshape or Position is hidden when those attributes aren't recorded in a memory. Sounds like you've got the desk in Partial Mode (as opposed to Full Mode). This setting is in Super User -> Desk Setup -> Program Mode.

In Full Mode, everything gets recorded when you hit PROGRAM. Quick and easy to use, but not so good when using moving lights on submasters.

In Partial Mode, only tagged parameters get recorded when you hit PROGRAM. This offers more flexible operation with moving lights and palettes / submasters, but you have to be careful when programming to tag what you want recorded, and leave everything else untagged.

There's plenty to read about tagging in the manual and software release notes (CLICK HERE) if you want more information.

Thank for the information. I am somewhat familiar with the partial/full mode programming, but I admit it isn't completely clear to me yet. I'll review the manual again and the linked information and repost if additional questions arise. I don't usually modify superuser functions. I will check with our director to see if the mode got switched to partial. Thanks again.