Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Desk wont boot up

gavin noble

I had a problem with my desk today when I turned the desk on the Initial display screen with the "Loading please wait" statement was displayed and the "Frog" logo was displayed arroend the other displays on the desk then all displays go blank and no funtionality is available on the desk.

Any suggestions please!

Hi Gavin

In anything displayed on the monitor at this time? Do you have a USB stick in the desk at the time of booting? What software version are you running?

I was unable to see what was displayed on the monitor at the time as it was not working but since then I have connected another monitor and found that an error message was being displayed saying " An unexpected error occurred the last time the desk was used!" and asked if I wanted to save the error data to memory stick.

I did not have a USB stick in at the time and the software version is 4.2.0 7/9/2007 LNX.

I saved the error data to memory stick and the desk booted up and so far appears to be operating correctly.

I have attached the error file for your information.DEBUG.DAT

Hi Gavin

Version 4.2.0 is pretty old software now - we've just released version 4.4.0. I'd recommend upgrading to the latest release as this contains a number of bug fixes and new features which will hopefully resolve your problems.

Instructions on the upgrade can be found in the Software Updates forum here.

Regards,

Peter

Peter Kirkup