Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

the light dimming

Carwyn

hi all

just getting to grips with the software updates. But one thing i cannot seem to dimm the desk light. the settings come up when you first press the setup butten but then it seems to disappear. ive tried holding the button down but the only thing we can seem to get is the led screen settings

thanks in advance

Carwyn :blink::unsure:

Hi Peter,

I'm not a fan of these new, modern and fancy USB Desk Lamps, and sorry to say that - the "desk lamp" shipped with the desk is useless unless you can use the desk with closed eyes. So I miss my old cozy incandescent lights, the two simple rugged and dimmable Desklamps with the small bulbs.

At the back of the LeapFrog48 are two "spare holes" - so my question is if there is an down/upgrade Kit for conventional dimmable Desk Lamps?

Kind regards

Christian

PS: The new Software looks great!

Hi Christian

The 2 spare sockets on the back of the Leap Frog 48 are for the 4 Universe DMX Upgrade kit - 12-145-99 - available now.

We have no plans at present to add an upgrade kit to add the desk lamp as you suggest, however there is nothing to stop you manually adding one to the other spare socket on the rear of the desk (a 12v supply is available on the motherboard for this purpose, labelled "lamp").

Hope this helps,

Peter

Peter Kirkup