Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fixtures aren't in the fixture list?

AoS Lighting

I have a Fat Frog and am trying to assign Optima Matrix 575s and Chauvet Qspot 200s. I did not see the Matrix 575s on the fixture list. Is there some where I can find and download it? I saw several options for the Qspots but they were described as Qspot M1-N, Qspot M1-Y, etc. rather than with numbers (Qspot 200, Qspot 250, etc.) Are these the same thing? If so could someone tell me which one is the Qspot 200?

Thanks!

J. Gibson

Well, I got fixture tools and started making the profile for the Matrix 575s. I'm not clear on what attribute to use for the lamp control, speed, prism+macro, prism rotate, etc... Any tips on creating profiles would be greatly appreciated! I have very limited experience with boards, i've always used software.

Thanks!

J. Gibson

Have a read of the user guide for the fixture editor, see THIS TOPIC for details.

Guidelines for grouping fixture parameters into attributes for the desk:

Brightness - only the Dimmer channel goes in here

Colour - colour wheels, CMY, RGB

Position - pan/tilt, movement speed

Beamshape - anything else (gobos, prisms etc)

Hi, when I try and load the Matrix 575 personality I made it says there is no info on the disk. I saved it and loaded it the same as the fixture library I downloaded from the site which worked fine. I made sure it was an ift. file and I don't really know what else to double check.

I've attached the file. If anyone could check it out for me and see what I'm missing I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

J. Gibson

MAT_575_personality.ift

Hi J,

The fixture personality you have is fine but it is just that, a personality. To be able to put it onto your Fat Frog you need to add it into a common fixture template, a 'cft' file. Once you have done this using the Common Fixture Manager you can put it onto a disc and then onto your Fat Frog. Just remember that you need to put the other fixtures you are using onto the 'cft' as well. You can have a maximum of 20 personalities on the one 'cft' and only one 'cft' in the Fat Frog at a time.

Hopefully that helps.

You can never have too much fun!