Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Another Patch Feature Request

hwell

Why isn't it possible to patch 1 DMX channel on 2 faders or something? I'd like to patch my washes' Intensity channel on both the wheels AND on 1 fader...

and also other things aren't possible.. I can't make a group of 8 parcans on 1 fader, and another group on another fader using some of the same DMX channels. (Something I Don't want to spent my submasters on...)

(Sorry for my english ;))

Why isn't it possible to patch 1 DMX channel on 2 faders or something? I'd like to patch my washes' Intensity channel on both the wheels AND on 1 fader...

and also other things aren't possible.. I can't make a group of 8 parcans on 1 fader, and another group on another fader using some of the same DMX channels. (Something I Don't want to spent my submasters on...)

(Sorry for my english ;))

You can assign your washes to the channels 1-48 AND you can change the intensity with the wheels.

Select the Fixtures with the Flash button (special page2 -> Fashmode -> Off/select).

Change the MFK to "Position" and move the wheel labeled with "Itensity".

If you want to use the flash buttons for flashing or as "latch", it is also possible to use the wheel.

You can make groups with the fixtures on the channel and the fixtures in the MFKs.

Select the group and change the intensity with the wheel.

You can also assign more than one dmx channel to a channel Fader.

Go to setup -> Select "Edit Fixtures" -> select your channels you want to change -> than go to "patch".

Here you can make duplicates.

You can now change more than one DMX channel with one Fader - but you can't assign different values to the several dmx channels, assigned to that one Fader.

Therefore you should assign each dmx channel or Fixture a own Fader/MFK and use the Submasters or the group function and the wheels or Memories.

You know that you can program memories including the intensity levels of the selected fixtures ;-)

One additional Question to the members of this forum:

Why is it not possible to store the intensity levels into a pallet?

Thank's for your reply, but this isn't really what I want...

I just want my washes (GLP YPOC 575 Color) (4 of them) on my MFK's, so I have my color, beamshape, everything... and my intensity also just on the wheels... but my intensity channel also on a fader (in this case i want intensity of wash 1 on fader 21, wash 2 on 22, 3 on 23 and 4 on 24)...

So just everything normal... and my intensity also on a fader.

And what i mean, is 1 dmx output controllable on 2 or more faders... with the duplicates you can add more dmx outputs to 1 fader...

when I try to put the intensity channel (for example) on a normal fader, it says "This channel is in use by another fixture. Unpatch the other fixture?" when I press "No" It cancels it's operation... if you know what I mean...

Thanks in forward (Sorry for my english... i'm dutch ;))

Hi Hwell.

What you want here is the "location" in the Edit Fixtures/Patch menu. Each channel on the desk has a location - Preset fader or MFK (or DMX-IN). By selecting a Preset fader as the location, you can fade the intensity using the fader. When you have the Flash Mode set to Off/Select, you can use the flash button underneath the fader to select the channels for modifying using the MFKs, Wheels, etc, as you would normally. This will give you the behaviour you require.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Peter Kirkup