Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Control Wheel/Attribute Question

ccawthon

My theater recently purchased an American DJ Mega Strobe DMX (2 channel 1-Speed/2-Intensity) to replace an old failed non-DMX strobe. I have created the fixture in the fixture manager and have sucessfully loaded and operated the strobe with the board. My question is this...

Using a Leapfrog, can i operate both speed and intensity from two wheels at the same time? Currently i have to operate intensity from the brightness function and speed from the beanshape function. It would be nice to control both at the same time instead of having to switch back and forth to control one then the other. I.E. assign speed to the thumb wheel and intensity to the first finger wheel on the same screen.

Thanks

Hi

Unfortunately it isn't possible to control multiple attributes on the wheels at the same time. However, you could edit the fixture so that the intensity paramter is found under Beamshape instead of Brightness. Bear in mind that if you do this, the fixture won't follow the brightness masters on the desk.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Peter Kirkup