Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Jester ML24 & Pixel Pars

elem

I have a slight problem with controlling Pixel Pars through my Jester ML24 desk. Everything is alright, except two functions - Palettes and Blackout button.

Palettes - after assinging few colours on the multi function keys in Program mode, Pixel Pars don't react on pressing those buttons in Run mode. It works fine with the MACs, so it's not a problem with the palettes. What's more - Pixel Pars DO react on palette buttons in Program mode - as I select each palette and press Edit button - they get the colour. Why they don't react in Run mode ? All other functions work perfectly.

Blackout & Grand Master - my Pixel Pars ignore those options as well. The grand master slider can be at 0 and blackout button may be pressed but I can still change the colour etc. And, the same as with palettes - all the MACs react on them properly. What's more, Pixel Pars DO react on Blackout and Grand Master when I change the DMX address on them to 1 and I control them trough the sliders. Can't do this with the wheels.

I tried to set Pars on DMX and MAX2 modes - both the same.

Would you guys have any ideas whats wrong in that case ?

Cheers

When editing a palette in Program Mode, the entire palette is output. However when replaying a palette in Run Mode, it will only be applied to the selected fixtures. Are the pixel pars selected in Run Mode?

Do the Pixel Pars have a brightness channel?

Are the pixel pars selected in Run Mode?

Yeah, they are selected in fixtures and nothing happens:/ Like I was saying all other options work perfectly so I don't know where the problem is ...

Do the Pixel Pars have a brightness channel?

MAX2 mode has the Master Intesity option, and that can be accesed with the wheels as a Dimmer alright. But, what I'm looking for, is to black the whole scene out, which means kill all the lights pressing one button (as blackout button should be working) or sliding one slider (grand master ..). But that doesn't work, only the PixelPars stay on, so to black the whole scene out I need to press Blackout button for all the lights and slide the Dimmer wheel down to 0 at the same time - which is a solution, but it's still an inconvenience during the show.

The first problem sounds rather odd - can you attach a copy of your showfile so we can take a look at this.

The second problem sounds like you might not have the Master Intensity channel set up as a Brightness attribute in the fixture personality. Only the channel in the Brightness attribute will be governed by the Grand Master and Blackout - channels in the Colour/Beamshape/Position attributes are unaffected.

Second problem solved - that's right. Dimmer was on Color channel. Now it's working perfectly.

I'll mess around during the weekend trying to solve that palette problem. If won't work - I'll send you guys that show file.

Thanks a lot for your help

Question - just a quick one - what default value should be put for Brightness channel in the Fixture Editor to start with 100% as a home ? Because both 0 and 255 are giving me 0%, then i've tried 100 but that gave me 39%, so I'm bit confused.

Values in the fixture editor are DMX values not percentages, so full is 255 for an 8-bit parameter or 65535 for a 16-bit parameter. Just tried it here and it works OK on the desk. If you're still having trouble can you attach a copy of your IFT file so we can check it?